Structural / Civil Engineer
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Join a fast growing engineering software startup on a casual basis and help with the development of our civil, geotechnical, and structural engineering calculations locally and abroad.
ClearCalcs is a fast growing, easy to use engineering software program that helps automate daily civil, geotechnical, and structural calculations. With a focus on residential and light commercial building and site design, we're creating a solution that automates away engineers' painful manual tasks and helps them focus on what they do best.
We're seeking a motivated civil, geotechnical, or structural engineer comfortable to join our team and help us expand our range of useful engineering computations locally and abroad. This role is perfect for an engineer undertaking a working holiday in Australia as we're happy for you to work at our office in Melbourne or remotely on a casual basis so you can keep getting improving as an engineer while seeing the best of the country.
What you would do
As a member of the engineering development team, you'll have a great opportunity to expand your learning, as well as take ownership of the product's direction and develop skills through tasks such as:
- Converting engineering calculations onto the ClearCalcs platform using our math engine
- Collaborating with ClearCalcs users to identify areas of improvement and automation and communicating requirements to our programmers
- Producing training and help documentation
How can I tell if this is for me?
If this sounds like you, then please apply:
- Completed or be in at least the penultimate year of an Undergraduate degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Structural Engineering
- Experience producing engineering calculations in Excel, MathCad, MATLAB, or similar programs
- Ability to effectively communicate engineering concepts
- Strong understanding of engineering codes and standards and how they apply to practical engineering works
- Comfortable working with computers (programming not required, but we are a tech startup)
- Self-motivated and confident working autonomously
- Eligible to work in Australia on your current visa (required)
How to Apply
Send your resume in via carrier pigeon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the Apply button and submit your resume, a short cover letter, and a sample of an engineering calculation sheet you’ve produced.