1) Australian Koalas are spreading chlamydia amongst themselves.
2) Australia has over 10,000 beaches, you could visit a new beach everyday for over 25 years.
3) There’s a river named “ The Never Never River”
4) The Top 10 deadliest snakes can be found in Australia
5) The Coffee culture is amazing
6) Cask wine is called goon
7) Expect to pay $10 a pint on a night out.
8) While you think calling back home will be easy, it isn’t when the time difference is 12 hours!
9) Burger King is called Hungry Jacks downunder
10) Wagamamas never took off in Australia for all you UK folk
11) The flies
12) Following sport back home just became a nightmare. Don’t expect to do it sober as it’s normally on at midnight – 6am.
13) Australia is one big happy middle class.
14) Melbourne was called Batmania at one stage. No jokes!
15) In 1967 an Australian Prime Minister Harold Holt when for a swim and never came back.
16)The pay is wicked, minimum wage is $17.29 per hour or $656.90 per 38 hour week (before tax). Get yourself a working holiday job! The minimum is bigger in other sectors too, including harvest work.
17) Groceries are real expensive.
18) Australia’s National highway is the world’s longest, 14,000km ( 9,000 milies)
19) There’s a pink lake in Australia and no one really knows why. ( Lake Hillier)
20) Kangaroo meat can be purchased from the supermarket, butcher and available on restaurant menus as a leaner and healthier alternative to beef or lamb with a 1-2 percent fat content.
21) The Sex Party in Australia was looking to legalize marijuana, euthanasia, censorship, abortion and tax the church.
22) Australia has 10 times more camels than Koalas
23) Theres more kangaroos than people in Australia
24) Rabbits were introduced to Australia in 1859, there are now over 2 million of them!
25)Nobody drinks fosters.
26) In 1892 200 people left Australia to Paraguay to create “ New Australia” !! Wow!
27) Australia Exports Camels to Saudi Arabia.
28) Australia was the second country in the world to give women the right to vote in 1902.
29) If you don’t vote in Australia you will get a fine.
Think you can write this like? Join our team and become a blogger.