Asbestos assessor / surveyor
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
JMB Environmental Consulting Pty Ltd (asbestos Labs) is an innovative, multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with offices and NATA accredited laboratories in Sydney and Canberra.
We specialise in asbestos and hazardous materials management, occupational hygiene, indoor air quality, mould and moisture assessments and NATA accredited laboratory services.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asbestos Consultant to help kick our asbestos goals throughout NSW and the ACT, and help promote our purpose of improving health and wellbeing within the workplace and home. How does the following sound to you:
- Work in a great team with an awesome culture
- Full-time permanent position
- Exceptional opportunity to join a disruptive organisation
- Work with cutting edge asbestos software - no more weeks of report writing!
- Work on some interesting and challenging asbestos projects (this doesn't mean touring NSW reinspecting schools constantly!)
- Opportunity to work under superb asbestos mentors
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- MacBook and iPhone or allowance
- Yours and your dependants birthdays off as extra annual leave
- Be part of a strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking organisation
Working with an awesome team across a variety of industry sectors, you will help deliver on our asbestos sector commitments, drive internal quality, and drive external quality with a view to improving the hazardous materials industry. The role requirements include but are not limited to:
- On site completion of asbestos and other hazardous materials surveys, from targeted sampling reports to pre demolition surveys
- Survey report preparation and technical review
- Air monitoring and clearances during asbestos removal projects in accordance with in house process, industry legislation
- Provide guidance and direction to site operators during asbestos removal projects
The Successful Candidate:
We are looking for a person with the following experience and attributes. Travellers are welcome!
- A proven track record of surveying a range of properties
- Attention to detail
- The ability to follow process
- The ability to accept and enjoy accountability
- A ‘just do it’ mentality
- A willingness to listen, learn and continuously improve (we will fully reciprocate)
Relevant education/qualifications and/or experience:
- Experience undertaking asbestos
- Knowledge of airborne fibre monitoring
- Knowledge of 4 stage clearance inspections
- Ability to undertake airborne fibre counting
- P402 Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings (British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS), or equivalent (RSPH Level 3)
- Any other asbestos related vocational certificates from the BOHS
If this sounds like you we would love to chat.
Email James on email@example.com