Assistant Manager Premium Grain Farm
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Our client is a market leading grain producer with a large scale dry-land cropping operation located in North-West New South Wales. We are looking for an operational and skilled Assistant manager to join the business on a premium farm in the region
We are seeking hands-on, committed, high calibre applicants who possess a passion for the agricultural industry. As Assistant Farm Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing assistance in the management of operations, staff, planning, procurement and oversee the day to day running of a broad acre cropping property;
- Being accountable for quality, productivity, efficiency and cost control and the agricultural asset and business.
- Ensuring the use of modern farming techniques and a focus on sustainable economic and environmental outcomes, so as to maximise the financial return on investment.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Assistant Manager will require:
- 5+ years of practical experience in broad acre cropping
- A high attention to detail in all aspects of farming operations
- A keen interest in agronomy
- Experience in operating and maintaining a range of modern farming machinery
- Familiarisation with GPS technology
- Leadership skills - ability to help manage and supervise permanent and casual staff
- Chemical accreditation and application experience
- Accurate record keeping
- Adherence to OH&S regulations
- Formal qualifications in agriculture or a trade is desirable but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career within a business that offers significant scope for progression. An attractive remuneration package including accommodation will be negotiated that will reflect experience.
Please apply by clicking on "Apply Now" and following the prompts to upload your resume. Alternatively, email your resume to peterm@Staff360.com.au or call 0737208504 for more information.
Staff 360 specialises in the provision of quality personnel sourced both locally and overseas. For more than 25 years, we have supported Australia's agricultural and agribusiness sectors by supplying skilled and experienced workers from production through to management.