Automotive Mechanic (Townsville QLD)
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
- To carry out service and repair work in an efficient and competent manner.
- Continually seek to obtain an in-depth technical knowledge of the Company's product via Factory training, In-house training and on-going study of all Service and Technical literature supplied to the workshop by the specific European Brand Car.
- Reports to the Workshop Controller.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Carry out all service and repair work in a competent and efficient manner whilst maintaining the highest standard of quality workmanship.
- Maintain and develop all of the professional and technical skills required for all aspects of the car makers service and repair by attending factory training courses as required and staying up to date with all supplement Service Technical Information literature that may arise.
- Strive to carry out all work within the times indicated by the Flat Rates manual provided. If no Flat Rate time is available for a specific job then a reasonable time will be specified by the Workshop Manager and adhered to wherever possible.
- Ensure that all work clock times are recorded to the back of the Repair order using the workshop clocking system. If for any reason the clocking system is down, all work times are to be manually recorded to the Repair Order and the Workshop Manager must sign off on all manually recorded times for authenticity purposes.
- All service and repair work carried out must be accurately recorded onto the back of each Repair Order. This record will provide a clear account of all service and repair work carried out on each vehicle. This account will include, any service work carried out, the findings of any diagnostic testing that may have been required, an explanation of exactly what work was carried out as a result of this testing, and what replacement parts / oils etc. if any were used in conjunction with these repairs. A faults printout must also be generated from the Star Diagnostic machine and attached to the Repair Order.
- Must have Automotive Mechanical Trade Certificate, Current Australian Drivers Licence, able to work within a strong team environment.
- At least 3 years of solid experience in Automotive industry as a Mechanic/Technician
- Experienced in European Car is highly desirable.
- To provide on the job training, guidance and advice to all Apprentice Technicians in a manner that will ensure them a high personal level of competency and efficiency whilst at the same time, demonstrating by example the importance of a professional outlook in all facets of work and safety in a busy workshop environment.
Liaise with regularly with the Workshop Controller to advise work progress and any difficulties or additional work that may be required.
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below. Alternatively, you may email your application letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference #3222545 in the email subject.