CNC Programmer/ Machinist - WA
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Our client is an established company in Boulder, WA and a trusted source of spare parts and consumables for the exploration and mining industries. They strive to continuously improve its products and design to meet industry needs for greater productivity and reliability at affordable costs.
We are looking for experienced CNC Machinist/ Programmer to join their team.
The successful candidate is expected to do the following responsibilities:
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference plans, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches: calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry: proving part programs.
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices.
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces.
- Participate and contribute to Lean activities and initiatives.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience as well as trade qualifications as CNC Machinist are essential.
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- ISO Programming experience.
- Computer Aided Manufacturing Software experience preferably with Mastercam or NX.
- Experience with Machining Centre’s, Turning Centre’s and Multi-Tasking Centre’s.
- Thorough understanding of Cutting Tool capabilities and metal removal techniques.
- Experience designing, manufacturing and utilizing fixtures and various work holding methods.
- Thorough understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail
- An ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- High level of safetyorientation.
Whilst local candidates will be given priority, outstanding international candidates may also be considered for employment with an employment visa sponsorship.
The company is looking for individuals who are interested in a challenging role that requires flexibility, good communication skills, high sense of responsibility, and strong motivation to deliver quality work.