Community Disability Support Worker
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
About Arch Recruitment...
We are recruitment specialists in the Health and Social Sector, working with some of the most reputable Disability Service Providers in WA. We assist our clients with their casual, part-time and permanent staffing requirements. Our goal is to help you find a career you will love, working closely with our clients in a person-centred approach to motivate and encourage them to achieve their own personal goals and live an independent lifestyle.
About the Role...
Arch Recruitment is looking for Community Support Workers to work closely with individuals living with a disability assisting them in community access and encouraging social activities.
Following care & support plans you will be accompanying clients out in the community taking part in activities such as swimming, arts & crafts, attending movies as well as trips to beaches and parks. Daily duties and responsibilities include helping clients with their activities of daily living and assist with their personal care.
We are looking for individuals that not only have experience in supporting people living with a disability but also for people who strongly align with our core values:
What You Will Need...
- 12 months experience
- A valid Driving Licence
- A current National Police Clearance (dated within the last 12 months)
- A current Manual Handling Certificate (obtained within the past 12 months)
- A current First Aid Certificate
- A current Medication Administration Certificate
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain one
Desirable and advantageous:
- PEG, Insulin and/or Catheter training
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
- Safe vehicle strapping trained -we will provide refresher training as part of the induction.
Hours of the week for this team will vary between 6 am - 5 pm
Monday - Friday. For candidates with the right availability, there is potential for full-time hours.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For further information please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com