Disability Support Worker
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Arch Recruitment is committed to providing the best quality staff across the health and social care industry. We understand that we each have a part to play in the quality and standards of our industry as a whole. With our many years of recruitment and health & social care industry experience, coupled with our personal morals and values, we've created a service like no other.
About the Role
Arch Recruitment has ongoing shifts for experienced Disability Support Workers across the Perth Metro region.
Your primary responsibilities will be to support NDIS funded individuals living with a disability to achieve their goals across a variety of settings including residential group homes, community participation and supported independent living. You will empower and support individuals with all aspects of personal care, daily life skills, community access, medication, social and emotional support. This will enable you to encourage and engage them in their daily routines and their own specific goals.
We are looking for qualified Disability Support Workers who have patience, empathy and excellent communication skills.
Hours can be flexible to suit your availability.
The areas we provide support for are;
- Supported Independent Living
- Community Care
- In-Home Respite Care
Working with clients to explore their passions and interests is incredibly rewarding.
Benefits of working for Arch Recruitment
- Competitive rates of pay
- Consistent and ongoing shifts
- A highly supportive, organised and efficient recruitment team
- Employee recognition program
- Opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experience
- Various flexible hours and shifts
- Minimum of 6 months paid experience in supporting individuals living with a disability
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last 12 months
- Valid Driver's Licence and own vehicle
- High Manual Handling skills and experience including hoisting, sliding sheets, and assisting with transfers
- NDIS Workers Screening Check or willing to obtain
- Medication Administration Assistance certificate and practical experience
- Employment Working with Children’s Check, or willing to obtain one
- Have a current First Aid (HLTAID003) and CPR (HLTAID001) certificate, or are willing to obtain one
- COVID-19 Infection Control Module
- Must comply with current WA COVID-19 vaccination requirements
To be considered for this role, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and obtain a valid national police clearance (within the last 12 months). Only successful applicants will be contacted.
If this sounds like something that would interest you then please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to submit your application.