Disability Support Worker
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Arch Recruitment is committed to providing the best quality staff across the health and social care industry. We understand that we each have a part to play in the quality and standards of our industry. With our many years of recruitment and health & social care industry experience, coupled with our personal morals and values, we've created a service like no other.
About the Role
Arch Recruitment has multiple opportunities for experienced Disability Support Workers across the Perth Metro region.
Your primary responsibilities will be to support NDIS-funded individuals living with a disability to achieve their goals across various settings including residential group homes, community participation and supported independent living. You will empower and support individuals with all aspects of personal care, daily life skills, community access, medication, social and emotional support. This will enable you to encourage and engage them in their daily routines and their own specific goals.
We are looking for dedicated Disability Support Workers who have patience, empathy, excellent communication skills and most importantly experienced in supporting individuals who may display challenging behaviours.
We have various shifts/hours available to suit your work schedule and family commitments that range between a minimum of 3 hours to 3 - 4-day block shifts.
Working with clients to explore their passions and interests is incredibly rewarding.
Benefits of working for Arch Recruitment
- Above award pay rates
- A highly supportive, organised and efficient scheduling team
- Employee recognition program
- Opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experience
- Flexible shifts to accommodate your work schedule and family commitments
- Various locations across Perth Metro
- Minimum of 6 months paid experience in supporting individuals living with Autism
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last 12 months
- Valid Driver's Licence and own reliable vehicle
- Manual handling certificate and practical experience obtained within 12 months
- NDIS Workers Screening Check or willing to obtain
- Medication Administration certificate and practical experience obtained within 2 years
- WA Working with Children’s Check, or willing to obtain one
- Current First Aid certificate, obtained within 3 years
- COVID-19 Infection Control Module
- Fully covid vaccinated – In compliance with WA Government mandatory requirements
To be considered for this role, applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Due to a high volume of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted
If this sounds like something that would interest you then please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to submit your resume, or alternatively, you can call our specialist recruitment team on 08 6478 4965 for a confidential discussion.