External Auditors - Full time, Contract
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
We are seeking experienced External Auditors for a large reputable office in Brisbane.
To qualify, you must have at least a couple of years' local experience in external audit, preferably gained from any one of the Big 4 or second tier firms. We are looking for auditors of all levels.
Those with external audit experience in the financial services industry and from an English language working environment would be ideal. Relevant prior work with public sector entities may also be considered.
You must have full work rights in Australia and must be available to start immediately. Short-term contracts could suit Working Holiday makers. The roles are through to September, with possibility of extensions.
Main duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- External audit and statutory reporting for large proprietary and listed organisations
- Working with overseas accounting regimes such as US and UK GAAP and IFRS
- Preparation and review of financial statements
Analysis and documentation of internal controls and control environments
- Conducting research and providing advice to clients on a issues faced regarding reporting
- Keeping Partners informed of progress on the engagement and being alert to potential problem areas or budget difficulties
- Performing aspects of specific audit engagements including client relationships, workflow management and technical quality to effectively achieve client business unit goals
- Planning and design, leadership onsite and workflow management and review
- Mentoring junior staff
Ideal candidates have at least three (3) years' external audit experience in a first or second tier accounting / audit firm. Local experience is preferred and highly regarded. However, overseas experience may also be considered if comparable with Australian standards.
For this role, you must have:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a large chartered firm
- Completed CA/CPA or equivalent qualifications
- A strong project management background with some consulting experience including research and analysis
- A thorough understanding of the mining and resources industry would be highly advantageous
- Confidence in liaising with and influencing a variety of stakeholders
- Willingness to put your head down and complete what is required, and occasionally have a laugh with the team
- Strong commercial business acumen and a high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency in English, assertiveness and consultative communication style, as well as the ability to easily build good rapport.
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below. Alternatively, you may email your application letter with resume to email@example.com and quote reference #2052194 in the email subject.
Konnecting Pty Ltd is an Australian Skilled Migration & Recruitment Consultancy that sources candidates for niche roles. We are also a registered migration agency that processes the Australian employer sponsored 482 visa. These roles are NOT offering sponsorship.
For more open roles, including those offering visa sponsorship, or for other Australian visa information, please visit www.konnecting.com.