Farmhand - Cropping & Sheep
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Permanent Fulltime Position
Our client is a family owned and operated large scale mixed cropping and sheep enterprise in Western Victoria. They are seeking a General Farmhand to work across all aspects of the mixed enterprise. The role is a permanent full time position with a house on farm in stunning condition.
Farmhand duties may include:
- Operation and mechanical maintenance of all farm machinery eg. Case & John Deere tractors, Macdon windrowers, JD headers, JD front-end loaders, JCB telehandlers, Krone balers, JD air seeder, farm utes etc.
- Some on farm or occasional local truck driving
- Workshop maintenance of farm machinery and equipment
- Hay and straw baling, stacking and transporting
- Stock work eg. Assisting in all aspects of sheep breeding for wool and fat lamb operations
- Adhere to Company OH&S protocols and procedures
- Ability to work in a team and independantly
Very competitive wages offered with annual review, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Accommodation in the form of a family farm house is provided with good access to local schools.
Attractions of the region
The nationally renowned Lake Charlegrark Country Music Marathon is held only minutes away. The lake is a great spot to try your hand at fishing for Murray Cod, Yellow Belly, Redfin or yabbies. Mount Arapiles is one of Australia's premier climbing sites, along with the nearby Grampians. Other nearby attractions include Little Desert National Park; World Heritage Listed Naracoorte Caves; Padthaway, Coonawarra and Wrattonbully wine regions; Blue Lake, Mount Gambier; Grampians National Park; and many more.
If you think this position may suit, please apply via the 'apply now' link with your current resumes and work related references. Alternatively, email them to EdwardL@Staff360.com.au
For further details call Edward at Staff 360 on 07 3720 8504.
Staff 360 specialises in the provision of quality personnel sourced both locally and overseas. For more than 25 years, we have supported Australia's agricultural and agribusiness sectors by supplying skilled and experienced staff from production through to management.