Grain Handler- Port Of Brisbane
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. As a proud representative for many of the agricultural sector's leading and highly respected organisations, we take care of our candidates in the same way we treat our clients - with respect and integrity.
As a Grain handler / Forklift Operator, based at Fisherman Island, you will be required to undertake various labouring, yard and hygiene duties along with bunker and weighbridge activities, grain handling and forklift work based on the daily site requirements.
The successful candidate is available to work on a seven-day roster - rotating through day, afternoon and night shifts, providing an excellent earning opportunity.
Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
* Operation of a Forklift
* Loading trucks
* Stacking grain
* Weighbridge duties
* Grain handling and general labouring tasks
* Cleaning and Hygiene
A current Forklift license is a must. You will have proven experience and a high level of skill in operating a forklift, preferably in the grain or similar industry. Being safety-conscious is crucial as you'll need to follow strict safety procedures and as the work is extremely dusty this role is not suitable for anyone with asthma or dust allergies. Able to work well under pressure and being flexible with your availability, to be considered for the role you must be able to address the following:
* Current Forklift licenses
* Manual labouring experience
* Professional reference
* Pass pre-employment medical (drug and alcohol)
* Available for seven-day roster - including weekends
* Good communication skills
* Physically fit and able to work long hours
* Able to adhere to WHS procedures
* Don't suffer from dust allergies or asthma
* Own PPE - ankle high, lace up, steel capped boots; high-vis shirts or vests; work pants
Apply now and join Join Australia's aquaculture industry today!