Harvest Work - Grain Samplers (Kimba)
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Come and join the close-knit T-Ports team, where people are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We pride ourselves on exemplary customer service and a focus on safety, innovation, and integrity. We bring ports closer to product origins to provide innovative solutions for Australia’s export commodities, all by working closely with local customers and with investors.
We’re looking for staff with a can-do attitude for a range of seasonal roles, commencing in October 2021.
You will work with our close-knit team at Kimba in partnership with local producers, businesses, and communities.
We have bunker storage sites at Lock, Lucky Bay and Kimba with 500,000 tonnes of capacity, steel silos at port with 24,000 tonnes of storage, port receival and loading facilities, and a bespoke transhipment vessel, the MV Lucky Eyre, with a capacity of 3,500 tonnes.
T-Ports is offering seasonal harvest workers a great team environment and above-award and industry rates. We will provide training and PPE and help you to find accommodation.
About the role:
- Provide a high level of customer service to our growers and carriers
- Operate automated grain probes to collect samples from trucks.
- Classify grain samples to ensure they meet industry quality standards.
- Data entry to validate grain quality and derive specific grades of grain.
- Maintain a neat and tidy work area
To be considered for casual employment with us during harvest, you'll need to:
- Be available to work with us from October 2021 to January 2022.
- Be an Australia citizen or permanent resident, New Zealand citizen or hold a valid work visa.
- Be capable and willing to work in an outdoor and shift work environment.
- Be willing to undergo a company paid pre-employment medical and drug screen.
- Previous grain/cotton harvest/storage and handling experience is preferred but not essential.
- Be enthusiastic, enjoy your work and strive to offer a high level of customer service.
You may also be eligible for up to $6000 in relocation assistance under the Australian Government's AgMove program. Your Harvest Trail Services (HTS) provider will check your eligibility and discuss the amount of relocation assistance that may be available to you.
For general inquiries about AgMove, call the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260 or visit the AgMove Relocation Assistance web page.