Junior/Trainee Farmhand - Dryland & Pivot Irrigated Cropping
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
A family owned and operated centre-pivot irrigated and dryland cropping enterprise with land holdings near Croppa Creek & North Star, NSW is seeking a keen and energetic Junior Farmhand with long-term career plans in the grain & cotton sector.
Producing corn, cotton, linseed, pulses, oil seeds and cereals, ideally you will have some prior operational experience across typical broadacre farming activities. Some mechanical ability will be looked upon favourably, as will a clear passion to improve and develop your skills. A positive mentality towards your work and colleagues, honesty and attention to detail is a must.
As a Junior/Trainee Farmhand, you will assist the owner and work alongside other staff to carry out the day-to-day farming operations, with training provided where necessary to competently operate and maintain all the farm machinery.
The successful applicant will ideally possess:
- 2+ seasons of practical experience in broadacre &/or irrigated cropping
- Some proven experience operating & maintaining a range of modern farm and plant machinery. (The enterprise currently runs the latest John Deere tractors, headers and self-propelled sprayrigs, pumps, centre pivot irrigation systems, graders, dozers, excavators etc.)
- Any form of truck licence would be highly desirable - assistance will be provided to obtain or upgrade your license to HC or MC
- Some mechanical ability and the drive to learn and improve
- Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture (will be advantageous)
- Current car licence & own vehicle
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to build a solid career & work towards developing their skills across all areas of the operation and grow with the business.
This is a long term opportunity for the successful candidate. Accommodation on farm to suit either a single person or young family in a 3-bedroom cottage with recently renovated kitchen on a tar sealed road.
Please apply by clicking on the "Apply Now" link and following the prompts to upload your resume with work references. Alternatively, email your application and resume to EdwardL@Staff360.com.au or call 0737208504 for more information.
Staff 360 specialises in the provision of quality personnel sourced both locally and overseas. For more than 25 years, we have supported Australia's agricultural and agribusiness sectors by supplying skilled and experienced workers from production through to management.