Primary Youth Carer
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
About Arch Group...
About the Role...
This is is a 2 month contract with a potential opportunity for extension.
You will be working in a Family Group Home setting with young people under the care of the Department of Child Protection, residing in the houses, ensuring their safety and security whilst encouraging them to progress with their education, providing emotional support and guidance to help these young people to reach their full potential.
Due to the trauma these young people have been exposed to they express some behaviors of concern which you will have to manage and where necessary document and report.
You will be required to follow specific care/support plans for each of these young people, working in collaboration with Primary Carers & Case Workers ensuring all parties involved are equipped with the required information.
What you need...
- Relevant Youth Work preferably in a Family Group Home Setting.
- NPC within 12 months
- First Aid Certificate
- WA WWC
- Confidence in managing and de-escalating challenging behaviours.
- Unrestricted drivers life and you will need a safe, roadworthy & insured vehicle.
- 7- on 7 - off roster working alongside another Carer.
- Experience in Trauma Informed Care & Therapeutic Crisis Intervention is beneficial.