Site Manager - fit out / metal work
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
We are seeking a Site Manager with experience in fit out or metal work.
My client is a progressive and fast-growing architectural metalwork company specializing in turnkey stair and balustrade installations in commercial fit-out and new build projects in the Sydney area. We have a youthful and vibrant team, with our headquarters at Silverwater in Sydney's west.
Do Not Apply For This Position if:
- You do not live in Australia currently
- You do not have any relevant experience
The Position We require an additional Site Manager to look after and oversee multiple site locations, up to 10 sites but generally 5-7. The type of work that the Site Foreman would oversee includes:
- Structural steel installation, mainly staircases and support beams
- Handrail and balustrade installation
- Timber treads and timber handrail installation
- Site painting of elements
- Glazed balustrade installation
- Miscellaneous trades associated with stair projects including joiners, plasterers, floor layers
Typically, a fit-out type site manager would be ideal for the role.
The main role is to oversee all aspects of the installation process, including:
- Organizing and scheduling labour/ subcontractors for each site such as: Carpenters, welders, glaziers, painters, core-drillers
- Liaising with Company Project Managers and office staff
- Liaising with workshop to ensure parts and materials are ready for each site as required
- Problem solving and quality control
- Site setouts for positioning of items
- Liaising with builder at each site
- Limited site measuring
- Programming of site install timelines
The Site Manager reports to the Project Management team and will be normally based at the Silverwater office.
The Qualities Required In selecting a suitable candidate, we will be looking for the following:
- Training and background from the building and construction industry, with particular emphasis on fit-out experience or specific stair and structural steel installation experience
- Able to drive performance from subcontractors without getting off-side.
- An eye for detail. Our work is high quality and the candidate needs to be their own quality control officer. For example, you may not know how to weld but you need to know what is acceptable as far as appearance and strength.
- Trustworthy and responsible. The candidate will be required to keep a log of their activities and be accountable for their time
- Problem solving ability. The best problems are the ones that the PM never hears about.
- Very well presented, well spoken etc. This role is the face of the Company on our sites and must fit with our values of integrity and professionalism.
- History of similar work, overseeing other trades etc. The candidate may have even had their own building business or similar, or worked on large building sites in a similar role. The candidate will have to demonstrate the length of time that they have spent in a similar role.
- Computer literate. Must be competent in the use of basic computer functions such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to demonstrate organizational skills, especially personal
- Flexible with hours and no stranger to early starts
- All ages considered as long as the person was motivated, fit and energetic
Salary Package and Conditions
- Base salary will be formulated to suit the experience and aptitude of the candidate. We will pay the right money for the right person.
- Happy to consider contractors on hourly rate if that's your preference
- Hours of work are generally to be 5 days 7.00am to 4.30pm, however we note that most mornings, especially if a site is to be started that day, the Site Manager may have to start at 6am or 6.30am. Also there may be the requirement occasionally to attend a site on a Saturday to oversee out of hours works or deliveries etc. We expect the candidate to be flexible as to the needs of the sites
- A phone allowance will be provided to cover calls and data used on the job. Phone must be a smart phone that is compatible with email.
- A vehicle allowance will be paid monthly to cover the costs of running your vehicle including fuel and tolls or a company vehicle may be provided as part of the package
- On the job training provided to cover any knowledge or capability gaps.
This position has an immediate start if the candidate is available.
To apply today please send your resume to Robert@hunterlabourhire.com.au or call Rob on 043 3708 714