SPRAY PAINTER HEAD | LEAD HAND (Dubbo, NSW)
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
The Company is looking to expand their team with experienced Lead Qualified Automotive Spray Painters who take pride in their work and ownership of their role. On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for all aspects of vehicle refinishing whilst working closely with team members in other departments. Duties will involve leadership in managing the paint team to ensure quality of work is undertaken in all aspects of refinishing, from preparation to application. Working closely with the Production Manager and Quality Control team, you will influence and manage the paint team in a way that promotes quality results for our team and customers.
- Overall responsibility for the success of the Paint Shop and meeting production targets to company’s quality standards.
- Manages the paintshop team performance and takes action to improve any gaps in skills and knowledge.
- Management of all Paintshop Employees including performance management. Assists in undertaking quarterly conversations and annual reviews.
- Acts as a senior painter and performs an appropriate balance between hands on painting and directing the team. Seen as a role model painter by apprentices and less experienced technicians.
- Formulates a daily plan and goal and clearly communicates this with the team. Provides timely updates to the team on any changes to the plan and communicates to the team when the plan is off track. Brings the team back on track.
- Facilitates the Team to “work as a team” as a way to meet production targets such that the team can expend less energy/effort to produce more than what would otherwise be achievable as an individual.
- For every car unable to be painted per the initial plan for a reason outside of own control, promptly finds a replacement to ensure that targets are met for the day / week.
- Monitors the level of inventory and plans ahead for ordering where appropriate.
- Responsible for enforcing safe practices on the team including the manner in which harmful chemicals and substances are stored and used.
- Oversees order and cleanliness of workspace and maintenance of spray guns and other equipment.
- Monitors the booth operation daily and rectifies anything that may cause a risk of leakage and reworks.
- Set a standard of approved practices and processes including equipment and product usage.
- Continually minimizes the number of variables and differences in the practice of standards and processes applied by the team to enable effective root cause analysis and issue management.
- Responsible for the team’s development including knowledge and skills. Identifies gaps and undertakes plan to fill them. Updates own knowledge and skills on a continuous basis.
- Qualified trades person in Spray Painting
- Current NSW Drivers licence
- A certificate in Management preferred and ongoing training in relation to Production Management and LEAN methodologies. Maintain qualification through Continuing Professional Education.
- ICAR certificates: Platinum (Refinishing)
- At least 5 years’ previous experience leading and managing a team.
- At least 10 years experience in the automotive repair industry (including apprenticeship)
- Experience working to strict KPI measures and metrics.
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below. Alternatively, you may email your application letter with resume to email@example.com and quote reference #3260706 in the email subject.
KONNECTING is an Australian Skilled Migration & Recruitment Consultancy that sources candidates for niche roles. We are also a registered migration agency with the capability to process the Australian employer-sponsored 482/TSS visa.
For other jobs, including those offering visa sponsorship, or for other Australian visa information, you may visit the www.konnecting.com.