WHS Officer Part-Time
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Who We Are
ESO Surveyors Australia’s Tier 1 leading surveying company of choice in the civil and building construction industry. A true innovative market leader with offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide our team and business is fast growing and leading the way on winning major national civil infrastructure projects.
Due to growing our operations and number of large infrastructure projects we continue to win, we have an opportunity for an experienced Part-Time WHS Officer to join our team. The role will report into the General Manager overseeing the WHS Function and providing advice and support to management and employees on WHS best practice and promoting a safety culture within the organisation.
What will you do
- Maintain, monitor and report on our Safety Systems
- Develop and review safety policies and with relevant standards, codes of practice and legislative requirements
- Manage Workers Compensation, and Injury Management claims process
- Provide WHS advice to staff and managers across the business
- Ensure the company, and all sites comply with all WHS legislative requirements
- Conduct on-site inspections, audits and incident investigations
- Review hazards and risks and check and monitor Safe Work Method Statements and implement corrective actions
- Educate, and keep employee’s informed of WHS legislative requirements risks and hazards
- Organising and executing site safety meetings communicating regular safety updates
- Continuously strive to improve working conditions, safety, productivity for all employees
- Work with managers to ensure contractors provide and adhere to safe systems of work within the organisation's management systems
- Maintain safety files.
To be Successful, You Must have
- Minimum Cert IV WHS + Return to Work Certificate
- 5+ years of WHS experience in similar role in the building/construction industry
- Solid understanding of WH&S legislation, terms and requirements
- Construction white card preferable
- Full driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Confidently work with clients and subcontractors onsite
- Right to live and work in Australia.
Rewards for you
- Individually tailored, salary packages
- Paid sponsored company events and access to our extensive Staff Benefits Program
- Professional career development, the company promotes talent within.
Apply, and you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, career development and to work in a supportive culture with work-life balance.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, don't hesitate to apply online or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will be contacted.