Workshop Advisor - Cannington, WA
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
This is for an Australian family owned and operated company with a long history and a strong future. Opportunities to become specialists, work with quality products and people, and obtain career progression are available to those who are passionate, committed, and willing to invest in their future.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Workshop Advisor to join our team at our Cannington store on a full-time basis.
This role contributes a critical function to the efficient and profitable operation of the company.
The responsibility of this role is primarily a retail and distribution sales function, which requires that the incumbent be highly self motivated, to set and achieve performance goals.
Being accountable for managing the day to day operational requirements of the store, you will also demonstrate disciplined organisational skills and highly trained communication and interpersonal skills. The role is also responsible for the efficient delegation of tasks to workshop staff and delivery persons to ensure that performance standards are achieved.
To achieve this, you are expected to take responsibility for the following duties and to contribute to an innovative team environment.
- To welcome customers to the store and make them feel comfortable in dealing with our organisation.
- To book vehicles in for inspections and or repairs with the understanding that this function is vital to the growth and success of the Store.
- Delegation of customer jobs to the workshop, complete with job cards and parts require information to ensure all work is completed on time and efficiently.
- Assist customers face to face and over the phone with enquires, quotes and technical assistance.
- Take customer payments.
- Deal with customers and staff in an efficient and polite manner with an emphasis on service to our customers and maintaining high levels of enthusiasm and motivation among the workshop staff.
- Assist customer with on-line enquires received from the company's Website daily.
- Order parts from suppliers, coordinate the timely delivery of those items and promptly administer invoices as required.
- To achieve sales budget as determined on an annual basis.
- The role requires that trade representable duties will be carried out on a regular basis as required.
- Ensure that the outside grounds, signs, workshop, vehicles, and equipment are kept well presented and are maintained in a reliable and serviceable condition.
- Ensure that every effort is made to adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety standards regarding tools, equipment, and work practices.
- Ensure that each day the reception and washroom areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that company procedures are always adhered to.
- When warranted, investigate, and finalize unsatisfied customer complaints.
- Monitor and promptly update sales aids such as price lists, catalogues, brochures, and demonstration equipment.
- Coordinate distribution of customer orders and ensure their prompt delivery as required.
- Present and coordinate regular trade customer seminars of the company's product range.
- Ensure that all company forms ie: job cards, PFI sheets, Time Sheets, daily calendar, and customer record cards are maintained and completed in full.
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of the store and report to the manager any competitive activity, complaints, compliments, of suggestions given by either customer or other staff members.
- The role also requires a proactive involvement in identifying and reporting of opportunities for growth and development of the store sales.
- The position may require that from time to time that you will assist with workshop, warehouse, and office administration duties as and when requested.
- Participate in the company after-hours meetings, training and trade shows as required.
- May be required to supervise and constantly monitor the training of an automotive apprentice.
- The role requires that the Retail – Workshop Advisor will provide a support role for the decisions and directions of senior management.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Qualification or demonstrate experience in automotive suspension repairs and operation.
- Current, full Car drivers license issued in the state of employment.
- Experience in retail and trade-based sales skills
To be considered you must have full Australian working rights.
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below. Alternatively, you may email your application letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference 3280612 in the email subject.
Konnecting is an Australian Skilled Migration & Recruitment Consultancy that sources candidates for niche and specialist roles. We are also a registered migration agency that processes the Australian employer sponsored 482/457/494 visas. For more positions offering visa sponsorship, or for other Australian visa information, please visit www.konnecting.com.