Physiotherapist - Hobart
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Our client is a well-established aged care organisation in Tasmania, providing quality high and low level care accommodations, respite care, community services, and independent living retirement villages. They have two residential care centres in the south of Hobart, only 20-30 kms drive from Hobart City; one facility offers a relaxing beach side view, while the other has a homey small town and picturesque countryside feel.
The Physiotherapist will work collaboratively with Care Managers and Registered Nurses In-Charge across the two residential care facilities, as well as with the community program, with the primary responsibility of assessing, planning, organising and participating in rehabilitative and general well-being programs for the residents.
- Tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy
- Full registration with AHPRA (Interim Certificate would not suffice)
- Relevant work experience to demonstrate capacity to meet the requirements of the role within the aged care environment
- Genuine interest in working with aged persons
- Commitment to respecting the values, customs, preferences and spiritual beliefs of residents and their families/representatives
- Knowledge and experience in meeting all legal compliance requirements at work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Experience working in aged care or a similar environment
- An understanding of Montessori and Eden philosophies of care
- Team leader experience and the ability to motivate others
- Experience in developing staff through in-service-training
- Salary within market standards and commensurate with the skills and experience
- Supportive management and strong teamwork environment
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Stable permanent full time employment
The Center is an approved employer sponsor. Therefore, while local candidates will be given priority, outstanding international candidates, with current AHPRA registration and aged care experience, may also be considered for employment with TSS(482)/RSMS visa sponsorship.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested, please apply by emailing your updated resume (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your visa status (if not Australian citizen/PR), and quoting as your email subject "Physiotherapist- Job Ref#2615823B''.
Konnecting Pty Ltd is an Australian Skilled Migration & Recruitment Consultancy that sources candidates for niche roles. We are also a registered migration agency that processes the Australian employer sponsored TSS/482 visa.
For more open roles, including those offering visa sponsorship, or for other Australian visa information, please visit www.konnecting.com.