Home » RSA Certificate New South Wales (NSW)

RSA Certificates
The RSA Certificate course is required by the New South Wales state government as compulsory training beforeogaining the Office of Liquor, Gaming & Racing (OLGR) Photo Competency Card. This card is needed for employment within the licensed premises industry. Backpackers and Working Holiday Makers used to be able to complete the course online in NSW but now the NSW RSA certificate is a face to face accreditation only.

The RSA course is relevant to anyone who has contact with patrons on licensed premises, such as bar staff, courtesy and security staff,waiters, concierge, front door and reception staff.
Find a NSW RSA approved training provider .

Online RSA Certificate Courses for NSW

Unfortunately no, you can’t complete the NSW RSA course online. It must be conducted in a class room / face to face environment. The nationally acreddited online courses are valid in Western Australia, Queensland, ACT/a>, South Australia and Tasmania. But it’s a no go for New South Wales.

How much is an NSW RSA Certificate

Various providers will charge different amounts but the average cost for a NSW RSA certificate seems to be around $120-$130.

How is my NT RSA Certificate Delivered

As your course is completed in a face to face environment accreditation can be given on the day or it will be mailed to you at a later date.

Extra Requirements

Staff in Kings Cross and Sydney CBD Entertainment precincts are subject to special conditions. If you wish to work in a licensed venue in the Kings Cross/Sydney CBD precinct, you must hold a valid Photo Competency Card or a valid Interim Certificate. An Old Style paper certificate (any certificate issued before 22 August 2011) for RSA is not valid for work in venues in this area.

What is a Photo Card?

Upon completion of your course you’re issued with a photo card, what is a photo card you may ask? The office of gaming released this statement “Following changes introduced on 22 August 2011, graduates of approved Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)and/or Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) courses in NSW, must obtain a photo competency card from a participating Australia Post outlet, to work in roles that require this qualification. This includes jobs involving serving or selling alcohol, as a liquor licensee, or working in a security role at licensed venues or licensed events in NSW.”
Find out more about photo cards.

Check Other States Requirements

ACT Queensland New South Wales
Northern Territory South Australia Western Australia
Victoria Tasmania


Below is A Full List of Accredited Trainers in NSW