Psychology Teacher - Relocate to Australia
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Relocate to Australia - Overseas candidates are encouraged to apply. If an applicant fulfils the selection criteria the school will consider sponsorship.
The ideal candidate will have experience teaching WACE level Psychology to senior school students. Awareness of teaching in an iPad school and/or using ICT to teach is a requirement.
Applicants must have a genuine love of learning and be able to demonstrate a commitment to student centered-learning, collaborative practice, pastoral care, co-curricular responsibilities and the values of the College.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the development and sharing of teaching materials.
- Provide student reports as required.
- Attend Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews as scheduled.
- Attend Staff and Faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in the School’s Professional Development activities.
- Organise and facilitate students in the laboratory and other practical Science classes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a Diploma of Education (Psychology or comparative major)
- First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
- A high standard of teaching practice based on an understanding of varied teaching and learning approaches.
- A sound understanding of the principles of Senior Years Schooling.
- An ability to contribute to an effective professional team with a shared vision for the schooling of early adolescents and young adults.
- An interest in curriculum that is holistic, challenging, integrative and exploratory.
- An understanding of the ways assessment and evaluation may promote learning.
- An appreciation of the importance of feedback on student assessment.
- A good understanding of the place and use of computers within the classroom and as a tool for learning.
- An ability to differentiate the curriculum to cater for different learning abilities.
- A commitment to the College values – Connected to the Spirit, Presence,
Compassion, Love of Work, and Audacity.
The ideal applicant would be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Innovative and creative educator
- Abreast of current educational changes and contemporary education practices
- Excellent relationships with students
- Strong pedagogical skills
- Work well with staff in a collaborative manner
- Passionate about their profession
- Teaching style based on reflective practice
- Ability to innovate and or initiate
Benefits of Registering with Vivid Teachers:
- Completely free service for teachers
- Gain access to exclusively listed teaching positions
- Career mentoring, CV preparation and interview coaching
- Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
- Possess current teaching references
- Hold a teaching qualification recognised in Australia
- Be registered, or have the ability to be registered with WATRB
In order to apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org