Diesel Mechanic - Regional NSW
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
We are looking for Diesel Mechanics who will be responsible in maintaining rolling stock and other rail mounted equipment in accordance with company's maintenance schedules and industry standards.
Established more than 20 years ago, this company rapidly became a leading supplier of leased locomotive power and rolling stock to Australian freight rail operators.
- Service, maintain overhaul and repair workshop plant and equipment
- Carry out inspections, service, maintenance, overhaul, fault-finding, repairs and component changes to railway rolling stock and associated equipment
- Operate forklift, road motor vehicle, and pendant control cranes and lifting appliances incidentally to main tasks as required in accordance with relevant licenses or qualifications
- Comply with company's procedure and maintenance standards
- Follow Safety Management System consistent with Rail Safety Act
The Ideal Candidate
- Has trade qualifications as Diesel Mechanic or equivalent in suitable trade.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience; Rail industry experience an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting inspections, services, maintenance, component changes and repairs
- Ability to interpret maintenance instructions and technical drawings
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and work with minimum supervision
Other Working Conditions
- Successful candidate is expected to work in either in Locomotive or Wagon Workshop
- Working hours is currently on day shift schedule from 6am-2pm, while night shift if there is any in the future is from 3pm-11pm.
Whilst local candidates will be given priority, outstanding international candidates in Australia may also be considered for employment with 482 visa sponsorship.
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter, by clicking on the apply button below. Alternatively, you may email your application letter with resume to email@example.com and quote reference #3189926 in the email subject.
Konnecting is an Australian Skilled Migration & Recruitment Consultancy that sources candidates for niche and specialist roles. We are also a registered migration agency that processes the Australian employer sponsored 482/457 visas.
For more positions offering visa sponsorship, or for other Australian visa information, please visit www.konnecting.com.