Electrical Warehouse Product Information Author
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
An exciting full-time opportunity exists in the Western suburbs of Sydney for a skilled individual who is experienced in the electrical wholesale business or has extensive knowledge and exposure to various electrical products.
About The Company
Our client is the leading distributor of electrical and data components and equipment with over 300 service centres across Australia, specialising in a one stop sourcing and supply solution for lighting, electrical, communications, data, solar, HVAC and associated electrical component products.
About The Role
As an Electrical Product Information Author, your primary duty will be to develop product information with the highest data integrity through the use of a national Product Databank. This role requires exceptional attention to details, sound technical expertise and strong communication skills. The successful candidate will assist the National Contracts department and service centre sales staff by providing up to date product knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain all necessary electrical and data product master file records and information to ensure a high level of data quality and product enrichment
- Provide timely support for Profit Centre members and National Commercial and Contracts Teams relating to the Electronic and Web Catalogue
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Team to support new supplier and product releases
- Develop and work with the Electronic Catalogue Team to ensure all changes to product master data are vetted and approved
- Liaise with the Commercial Managers to discuss products that will help grow business sales volume and rebate values
- Regularly analyse temporary SKU sales data and provide enrichment recommendations to Commercial Managers
- Collaboratively work with IT project managers to ensure that all product data/content needs are met as required by individual projects
- Assist with competitive product research that will be used to help create definitions for new product development projects, including: competitive performance analysis; features and benefits analysis; and overview of strengths or weaknesses compared to competitors.
To perform this job successfully, you should have a strong electrical background. An ex-sparky or current electrician looking to move off the tools would suit well, or someone who has an expertise in the electrical wholesale field.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office products especially in MS Outlook and MS Excel. Experience in product database management system would be an advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within the electrical wholesale or electrical trades industry
- Proven ability to read and interpret general electrical terms, technical specifications, or units of measure
- Logical thinker and strong analytical skills, with the ability to perform mathematical calculations and apply basic geometry concepts
- A technical qualification in the electrical field will be highly regarded, however not essential for candidates with extensive electrical experience (3+ years)
About The Benefits
- Be part of a large and diverse Australian Organization
- Full-time permanent position for the right candidate
- Competitive salary package
- Work in a safe environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Immediate start
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Ongoing development and growth opportunities
Konnecting is an Australian Skilled Migration & Recruitment Consultancy that sources candidates for niche roles. We are also a registered migration agency that processes the Australian employer sponsored 482/TSS visa. For more positions offering visa sponsorship, or for other Australian visa information, visit www.konnecting.com
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, by clicking on the apply button below.
For this position, visa sponsorship is NOT available. Requirement is for Australian citizens or permanent residents, or New Zealand citizens.