Farmhand / Operator - Mixed cropping and cattle
Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
Farmhand / Operator - Irrigated Cotton, Dryland Cropping & Cattle
Full Job Description
Our Client is seeking a casual or fulltime farmhand for their irrigated cotton, grain and cattle operation located near St George, QLD. Typical duties will include all tractor work for production and harvest of irrigated cotton and dryland cereals, laser bucket work, irrigating, some occassional cattle work etc. The client will provide some additoinal training if necessary for some tasks.
- Family owned & operated farms
- Irrigation and dryland cropping programs, double cropping the irrigation
- Crops include cotton, sorghum, mung beans, chick peas, wheat.
- John Deere machinery currently running Greenstar
- Demonstrated and current agricultural experience and machinery operation.
- Physically fit and willing to do manual work as required. i.e irrigation, fencing, machinery maintenance.
- Understanding of GPS for field work.
- Motivated, loyal and considerate of other farm personnel and staff members, their property and accommodation.
- A positive, keeness and a 'can do' attitude and approach to tasks.
- Ability to perform mechanical checks and maintenance.
- Ability to weld.
- Chemical accreditation.
This is available as a casual position with ongoing work available. A possible transition to a permanent position is an option down the track. An hourly rate will be offered and on farm single person accommodation in well kept dongas.
Staff 360 are specialists in providing quality personnel to the agricultural industry. Over the past 25 years we have supplied skilled and experienced staff to a range of positions within the Agricultural sector. Based in Brisbane we have clients and job opportunities across Australia within livestock, farming and horticulture sectors.
Please apply via the 'apply now' link and attach your resume with work references, or contact Niamh at Staff 360 on 07 3720 8504. Otherwise please forward your resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org