Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Picturesque and popular tourist destination – Wilsons Promontory
- Great Remuneration
About the Company
Wilsons Promontory is one of Victoria’s most-loved places. At the southernmost tip of mainland Australia, it offers spectacular scenery of huge granite mountains, open forest, rainforest, sweeping beaches and coastlines.
Tidal River located at Wilsons Promontory National Park is the main location for camping and accommodation in the park. The Tidal River General Store provides a range of services including the following:
- A basic range of supermarket and emergency items, similar to a local milk bar/convenience store
- Cold and hot take away food, available to eat in or at picnic tables, similar to a small road house/fish and chip shop
- A small range of souvenirs and gifts
About the Role
GBS Recruitment is currently seeking a motivated and experienced Kitchen Hand to work in a busy retail and cafe environment over the summer period. There will be shifts available across Monday to Sunday and shift times will vary dependent on the ballot periods of the park. Please note you will be required to be on your feet for the entirety of the shift in a busy environment. Prior experience working as a Kitchen Hand is necessary, retail, barista and customer service skills are also favourable.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in hospitality essential
- Cleaning and sanitising equipment and utensils
- Traying up food
- Selection and packing of meals
- Working in hand with cook
- Live within proximity of Tidal River/Wilsons Prom
- Have a positive attitude towards customer service
- Work well within a team
- Willingness to learn new skills including pricing and restocking shelves, barista skills and food preparation
- Be respectful of the environment and working within a national park
- Candidates with food handler’s certificate is highly desirable
- A number of shifts available during peak season (Mid-December to Mid-February)
- Work available from October 2021 to April 2022
- Great team environment
How to Apply
All applications MUST be received via the GBS Recruitment website (www.gbsrecruitment.com.au), Job #299753. For a confidential discussion in regards to the position please contact Andrew Burgess on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0419 299 598.