Finding the Job Hunt Tough?
Premium members have access to an Ad Free Service with Daily Job Alerts, Advanced Search Functions as well a wide variety of Travel Deals and Free International Money Transfers. Learn more about Premium!
An exciting full-time opportunity exists in Canberra for qualified Orthoptists to join a well-reputed Australian organization on a permanent employment.
About The Company
Our client is a well-established eye care facility in Canberra, covering a wide range of general ophthalmology and sub-specialities. Due to the business expansion, they are now seeking to further strengthen the existing team with additional Orthoptists.
About The Role
Orthoptists are an integral part of the Ophthalmic team, providing patient focused support to the Ophthalmologists, administrative group and the Day Theatre.
Duties & Responsibilities
- General Ophthalmic work up with slit lamp
- Accurately performing diagnostic testing including IOL Master, OCT, Photography, Corneal Topography, Visual Fields
- IOL calculations and applying individual doctor protocols in cataract surgery IOL selection
- Assisting with intravitreal injections
- Communicate relevant details about the clinical process or operative procedure to the patient
- Participation in Orthoptic paediatric clinics and Ophthalmic country clinics
- Apply and promote Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Apply and promote Quality Assurance and ACHS Accreditation programs
- Other additional tasks as required
To be considered for this role, you should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Orthoptics, strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in Orthoptics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Capacity to deal effectively with patients and staff from diverse backgrounds and different levels
- Registered or eligibility for registration with the Australian Orthoptic Board
- Experience in the field is highly regarded but not essential
About The Benefits
- Be part of a growing and busy eye care facility
- Full-time permanent position for the right candidate
- Competitive salary package
- Work in a safe environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Immediate start
- Ongoing development and growth opportunities
- Great Company Culture
Konnecting is an Australian Skilled Migration & Recruitment Consultancy that sources candidates for niche roles. We are also a registered migration agency that processes the Australian employer sponsored 482/TSS visa. For more positions offering visa sponsorship, or for other Australian visa information, visit www.konnecting.com
How to Apply
If you think you have the above qualities, are looking for a new challenge, and believe you have what it takes to drive a team to succeed consistently, please forward your resume, by clicking on the apply button below.
International applicants are welcome to apply for this role; however, priorities will be given for Australian citizens or permanent residents, or New Zealand citizens.